…. you dream you’re a waitress, and you’ve never been one. Last night I dreamt that Starbucks’ had opened an after-hours café-diner, and I was serving up food to some Starbucks’ regulars. One of my favorite customers was downright mean to me. How’s that for neuroticism?
Category Archives: Love It!
Nothing noteworthy happened at work today, so I’ll leave you guys with another Foamy the Squirrel video. Lame — I know, but I really don’t have anything to complain about today.
EDIT: I’ve been quoting this a lot lately at work. Black coffee, you say? Here you go, black coffee — ‘with darkness’!
So I had my follow up conversation with my manager today about my temporary case of Tourettes on Sunday. He’s decided to write me up on a lesser offense based on my previous track record with the store. (<— Maybe I should stop referring to him as the Nazi.) Here's to my one and only get out of jail free card!
I’ve won an award! Many thanks to The Restaurant Manager for bestowing upon me the ‘LOL Award’.
Now ordinarily I’m not a big fan of anything resembling chain mail, but this cheered me up the other day 😉 Not to mention it seems like a really neat way to get the word out about some of the blogs I’ve been following. So here are the rules of the LOL Award:
Rule #1: Link to the person who gave you this award (in a post, or in your sidebar, wherever you have this): See above.
Rule # 2: Pass the award along to seven other people who post about at least slightly amusing things and tell them (by emailing them or commenting on a post, etc.):
1. Fuck My Table
2. Do You Do That at Home?
3. The Bitchy Waiter
4. The Restaurant Manager (Now you have four!;-)
5. Gratuity Not Included
6. Red Lobster Blog
7. 147xxxx (New comments have been disabled for this blog, seeing as it hasn’t been active for quite awhile, but there are plenty of good Starbucks related stories to read!)
Rule # 3: Say seven things about yourself that no one knows (or at least you think no one knows).
1. I am addicted to Medical dramas. You name it, I watch it: Grey’s, House, ER, Nurse Jackie, and Private Practice.
2. I love going out to try new foods by myself. Today I went out to lunch and I ate a delicious Vietnamese sandwich with liver pate, cilantro, BBQ pork, and cucumbers on french bread, yum ❤
3. My favorite part of my work is steaming the milk. I am obssesed with perfect foam!
4. I have one kidney! No, it wasn’t surgically removed, I was just born that way.
5. I read. ALOT. When I was a kid I used to get in trouble for reading past my bed time.
6. I eat my banana bread with cream cheese. Don’t dis it ’til you’ve tried it!
7. The first thing I plan to do when I finish school is to travel throughout Europe.
Rule # 4: Pass these rules on.
And there you have it!
On Monday I talked about one of my many tip-jar pet peeves. When I was scouring the internet for images to include in my post, I came across this post by fellow blogger, Cara Mandart. She talks about visiting a local Starbucks and seeing this on the counter:
When I saw these ‘cast-your-vote tip-jars’ I instantly thought about bringing it up at my store as a fun way to generate more tips. I was talking to a friend (you know who you are 😉 ), about this and he told me that this is exactly the kind of thing that makes him less likely to tip, in other words this is a possible customer pet peeve. What do you guys think? Do clever ideas like this encourage you to tip, or make you feel tricked into tipping? Personally, things like this make me smile – and if you make me smile, you deserve my tip. 🙂
EDIT: I tried Andy’s idea today in the store: the Bah-Humbug vs. Merry X-mas jars. And my customer’s loved it. I’m going to have to come up with a few more Holiday-themed vote-jars!